THIS COMMUNICATION AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN ARE SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR PUBLICATION, ANNOUNCEMENT, DISTRIBUTION OR TRANSMISSION, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, SOUTH AFRICA, JAPAN OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY WHERE PUBLICATION, ANNOUNCEMENT, DISTRIBUTION OR TRANSMISSION WOULD BE UNLAWFUL.
- The key goals for Ryvu’s pipeline in 2022-2024: broad development of RVU120 (including potential fast-to-market strategy in AML/HR-MDS), advancement of one preclinical program into Phase I clinical trials, strengthening of Synthetic Lethality Platform, and acceleration in the early pipeline, achieving milestones in existing collaborations (i.e. Menarini, Galapagos, Exelixis) and execution of at least one new partnering deal per year;
- The financing of these Development Plans is planned from Company’s cash, recently announced venture debt from the European Investment Bank (EIB), existing and new grants, milestones from the current collaborations, new partnering deals, and additional sources, including equity capital markets;
- The Company announced a General Shareholders Meeting for September 19th, 2022, to obtain approval of the Authorized Capital (up to 8,465,615 shares), which would provide flexibility to optimize the timing and amount of equity capital financing through 2024;
- Ryvu announced a special, open webcast with regard to its Development Plans for Monday, August 22nd, at 9:00 AM CEST. Link to the registration is available HERE.
Ryvu Therapeutics S.A. (WSE:RVU), a clinical-stage drug discovery and development company focusing on novel small molecule therapies that address emerging targets in oncology, announced its Development Plans for 2022-2024. Key development goals are divided into three areas:
1. Clinical Development Pipeline:
a) Completing the ongoing Phase I clinical studies of Ryvu’s fully-owned lead asset RVU120 in:
i. acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome (HR-MDS);
ii. solid tumors;
b) Advancing the clinical development of RVU120 as a monotherapy, by executing Phase II studies in:
i. hematology – with a potential fast-to-market strategy in AML/HR-MDS;
ii. selected solid tumor indications – with a primary focus on triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC);
c) Expanding the therapeutic potential of RVU120 by initiating Phase I/II clinical development in:
i. combination regimens in AML/HR-MDS with synergistic drug partners;
ii. additional hematology indications (e.g. low-risk myelodysplastic syndrome (LR-MDS) and MDS/MPN overlap syndrome) and solid tumor indications (e.g. metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) or sarcomas);
d) Supporting the clinical development of the partnered candidate, SEL24 (MEN1703) by Menarini Group;
2. Early Pipeline (Discovery and Preclinical Development):
a) Completing preclinical development and advancing into Phase I clinical trials of one program from Ryvu’s early pipeline;
b) Strengthening Ryvu’s Synthetic Lethality Platform to deliver first-in-class preclinical candidates and further expand the proprietary target discovery platform;
a) Achieving financial milestones in the existing R&D collaborations;
b) Advancing selected programs by partnering with collaborators with synergistic competencies and resources, signing at least one new partnering agreement per year.
– Our plans for 2022-2024 are focused on accelerating the execution of Ryvu’s mission, which is discovering and developing drugs that will improve the lives of cancer patients and their families. We are also aiming to maximize the value of the Company for our Shareholders. We intend to start a broad Phase II program for RVU120 – our lead asset in Phase I in AML/HR-MDS and solid tumors – including the potential fast-to-market strategy, as well as significantly accelerate our efforts in the early pipeline, especially in the area of Synthetic Lethality – said Pawel Przewiezlikowski, Ryvu’s co-founder, the largest shareholder, and the CEO.
The total budget for 2022-2024 Development Plans is estimated at USD 115m*, out of which approximately USD 64m will be dedicated to clinical development (development of RVU120 and initiation of Phase I study for one new candidate from the early pipeline); approximately USD 37m is planned for the development of early pipeline (including further strengthening of the Synthetic Lethality Platform); approximately USD 14m is planned to cover G&A costs.
The financing for the execution of Development Plans for 2022-2024 is planned to be secured from the existing cash (USD 9.6m**), venture debt from EIB (EUR 22.0m), committed partnering milestone payments, and currently secured grants (USD 10.6m) as well as assumed future grants (USD 6.5m), and various sources including equity capital markets, potential milestones from existing collaborations, new partnering deals, additional grant funding and other sources (USD 66.1m).
– We are securing capital for the pipeline development from various sources, and we are targeting to sign at least one new partnering deal per year. At the same time, we have developed several alternative scenarios to de-risk portfolio investments, for example in the case of broad development for RVU120 – said Pawel Przewiezlikowski.
Together with the Development Plans for 2022-2024, Ryvu announced its General Shareholders Meeting with an intention to obtain approval of the Authorized Capital (up to 8,465,615 shares, which will constitute up to 32% of the total number of shares in case of full execution) of the Company, which would provide flexibility to optimize the timing and amount of equity capital financing through 2024.
– We aim to accelerate our development to maximize the value of the Company for its Shareholders, but we also want to reduce their risk and minimize the share dilution. We think that Authorized Capital is a perfect tool to support these goals on the way to executing the current Company’s plans. At first, we aim to issue an optimal number of shares by the end of 1Q 2023. In parallel, we will seek to obtain additional financing from additional sources to reduce Ryvu’s equity capital needs. Authorized Capital will support our financing flexibility and strengthen our business position – said Pawel Przewiezlikowski.
More on RVU120
RVU120 (SEL120) is a clinical-stage, highly specific, and orally bioavailable dual inhibitor of CDK8/CDK19 kinases, which has demonstrated efficacy in a number of solid tumor in vitro and in vivo models as well as in hematologic malignancies. Clinical benefit has been demonstrated in patients with AML or HR-MDS: a complete remission (CR) in a DNMT3A/NPM1-mutated AML patient; more than 18 months’ duration of treatment in a DNMT3A-mutated high-risk MDS patient; stable diseases (SD) with blast reductions in three additional patients (data presented at European Hematology Association Congress, June 2022).
At present, Ryvu is conducting two clinical studies with RVU120: (i) Phase Ib in patients
with AML/HR-MDS (additional Phase I data expected in 4Q 2022) and (ii) Phase I/II in relapsed/refractory metastatic or advanced solid tumors (new Phase I data expected in 4Q 2022).
RVU120 has been internally discovered by Ryvu and has received prestigious support from the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Therapy Acceleration Program® (TAP). On March 25, 2020, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted an orphan drug designation (ODD) to RVU120, for the treatment of patients with AML.
More on Synthetic Lethality Platform
Ryvu is currently leading multiple initiatives in the area of Synthetic Lethality, focused on the identification and validation of novel targets for well-defined patient populations. Key criteria for prioritized targets are first-in-class and best-in-class potential. Several targets have already been identified. By the end of 2024, Ryvu intends to further expand its platform’s capabilities to build a robust portfolio of projects aiming at the identification of first-in-class, differentiated lead, and preclinical candidate molecules. Primary therapeutic indications in our focus are subsets of lung, colorectal, breast, ovarian, and kidney cancers, as well as hematology.
The most advanced program from the Synthetic Lethality Platform that could enter clinical development is a synthetic lethal PRMT5 inhibitor, targeting MTAP deficient cancers. Deletion of the metabolic gene MTAP occurs in 10% to 15% of all human tumors and represents a large unmet medical need. The rapid development of the PRMT5 program over the past year has built the foundation for the possible identification of a preclinical candidate by mid-2023, followed by an IND (Investigational New Drug) filing by mid-2024 and the initiation of Phase I studies in 2H 2024. The most likely first therapeutic indication for the clinical development of the PRMT5 program will be MTAP-deleted non-small-cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC), with further potential for a tumor-agnostic label and a fast-to-market track in orphan indications.
Another advanced project – focused on WRN inhibitors – is currently at the hit-to-lead stage. The primary therapeutic areas for Ryvu’s WRN inhibitor program are MSI-high cancers, with colorectal carcinoma as the potential first indication.
* additional cash buffer is not recognized as a budget item, the Company includes an additional USD 11m to the financial plan, to secure the cash position (proportional to the current cash balance) at the end of the forecasted period.
** as of June 30, 2022.
This press release is solely for information purposes. This press release is by no means intended, whether directly or indirectly, to promote the offering, subscription or purchase of any securities, in particular Company’s shares and does not represent advertisement or promotional material prepared or published for the purpose of promoting any securities or their offering or subscription or for the purpose of encouraging an investor, whether directly or indirectly, to subscribe for or acquire any securities.
This press release is not to be used or considered as, does not constitute or form part of, an offer to or solicitation of an offer to sell, purchase, exchange or transfer any securities or invitation to subscribe for any securities in Poland or any other jurisdiction, and does not constitute an advertisement of the securities in Poland or any other jurisdiction. This press release is not a basis of and should not be relied on in connection with or act as an inducement or an advertisement to enter into any contract or commitment.
This press release does not constitute a public offering in the meaning of the Regulation 2017/1129 of The European Parliament and of The Council of 14 June 2017 on the prospectus to be published when securities are offered to the public or admitted to trading on a regulated market, and repealing Directive 2003/71/EC or any other offer or invitation to acquire any Company’s securities nor the incentive to submit bids for the acquisition or subscription of the Company’s securities. This press release does not constitute information about the Company’s securities and the terms and conditions of their acquisition or offering sufficient grounds to decide whether to purchase or acquire such securities.
This press release is not directed at, or intended for distribution to or use by, any person or entity that is a citizen or resident or located in any locality, state, country or other jurisdiction in which such distribution, publication, availability or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would require any registration or licensing within such jurisdiction, including, but not limited to, the United States, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom or Japan.
The information and opinions presented or contained in this press release (including forward-looking statements) speak as of the date hereof (unless otherwise stated) and are subject to updating, revision, verification and amendment without notice and such information may change materially. Neither the Company nor the persons acting on its behalf, in particular the members of the Company’s Management Board, the Company’s advisers nor any other person are under an obligation to correct, update or keep current the information contained in this press release or to publicly announce or inform you of the result of any revision to the statements made herein except where they would be required to do so under applicable law. This press release is made on the express understanding that it does not contain all information that may be required to evaluate the Company, its business or any of its securities. No part of this press release, nor the fact of its distribution, should form the basis of, or be relied on in connection with, any contract or commitment or investment decision relating thereto, nor does it constitute a recommendation regarding any securities of the Company.
Matters discussed in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements that reflect management’s current views with respect to future events, strategy and financial and operational performance of the Company. Forward-looking statements include statements concerning plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future events or performance and underlying assumptions and other statements which are other than statements of historical facts. The words “anticipate”, “believe”, “estimate”, “expect”, “forecast”, “intend”, “may”, “project”, “should”, “will” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. Others can be identified from the context in which they are made. These forward-looking statements involve various assumptions, known and unknown risks, uncertainties, estimates and other factors which are beyond the Company’s control and which may cause actual results or performance to differ materially from those expressed or implied from such forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or results or otherwise. There can be no assurance that forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. No statement in this press release is intended to be a profit forecast.
Neither the Company nor the persons acting on its behalf, in particular the members of the Company’s Management Board, the Company’s advisers nor any other person, shall have any liability whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from any information or opinions presented or contained in this press release nor shall they accept any responsibility whatsoever for, or make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the truth, fullness, accuracy or completeness of the information in this press release (or whether any information has been omitted from the press release) or any other information relating to the Company, in any form whatsoever, howsoever transmitted or made available, or for any loss howsoever arising from any use of this press release or its contents or otherwise arising in connection therewith.